FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance and Grants Manager.
This position is part of an anticipated USAID-funded project in South Africa that will provide capacity strengthening, technical assistance and grants management support to government and NGO/CBO partners to strengthen South Africa’s response to HIV and AIDS.
The Finance and Grants Manager is primarily responsible for the administration of financial management and sub-grants to South African organisations, ensuring full compliance with USAID rules and regulations. The Finance and Grants Manager will provide guidance on the financial management and sub-award document interpretation, ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures, and work in partnership with project and enterprise services staff to successfully achieve project goals.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supports development and standardisation of procedures for efficient sub-grant management;
- Supports negotiation and development of sub-grant documents;
- Capacity building of project staff in the area of sub-grant management, financial management and monitoring;
- Liaises with USAID and FHI 360 staff to ensure efficient sub-grant management;
- Advises senior management on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding sub-grants;
- Works with senior management to ensure smooth implementation of sub-agreements;
- Develops requests for donor approval regarding budget realignments, cost and no-cost extensions, and other actions requiring donor approval;
- Ensures that all grant reporting, deliverables, and related financial / technical documentation are complete;
- Responds to internal and external audit matters;
- Collaborates with operations staff and other enterprise services staff to monitor sub-grantee performance;
- Reviews sub-grant proposals, negotiates terms and conditions, and issues sub-agreements;
- Collaborates in the preparation of grant reviews and follows up on findings and recommendations regarding grants management and compliance;
- Administers sub-agreements such that approvals extensions, modifications and amendments, close-outs and other actions are handled promptly;
- Participates in project start-up, implementation, and close-out procedures ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the award agreement and USG policies and procedures;
- Negotiates substantive provisions in lower-tier sub-grants, as needed;
- Trains other staff in standardised procedures for efficient sub-award management;
- Trains and supports partners in strengthening grant management and compliance systems.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field;
- 5-8 years’ experience in negotiating and managing sub-grants under USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge of USAID rule and regulations regarding sub-grants.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 6 June 2014
For more about FHI 360, refer to www.fhi360.org.