FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
FHI 360 is seeking a Data Quality and Reporting Manager for a 5-year, USAID-funded Capacity Building & Support (CDS) Project in South Africa. CDS is designed to support the achievement of the goals in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Partnership Framework Implementation Plan. A key intervention area of the Capacity Development Support (CDS) programme is the strengthening of strategic information, monitoring and evaluation capacity of targeted local NGOS and South African Government (SAG) on an ongoing basis. In particular, the key role for the incumbent will be to design, implement and support the CDS project with specific emphasis on Data Quality Assessment.
The Data Quality and Reporting Manager will play a key role in the development and implementation of a long-term data quality strategy which is based on analysing reported data by NGOs; identify quality gaps and implement reporting processes that track data improvements overtime. The incumbent will review and enhance current systems, defining and prioritising high value systems with data profiling and data quality assessment tools. Supported by three Data Officers, this position will take the lead in conducting data quality audits and assurances on selected NGOs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing health information systems focused on routine information at facility, district, provincial and national level with specific emphasis on data quality improvement and strategic information systems;
- Provide technical support for the improvement of data quality;
- Training in the use of information, tools and software for improving data quality;
- Implement and manage projects and sub-projects as they relate to the CDS project;
- Contribute towards research and development of new and innovative mechanisms of managing and reporting health, social welfare epidemiological information;
- Provide training to NGOs on data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Manage and coordinate the production of NGO reports;
- Present academic and research papers at conferences (on national and international level).
- Master’s or higher university degree in relevant subject areas including statistics, economics, international development, public policy, or business administration;
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience implementing monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of development, strengthening and maintenance of M&E systems, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data validation and audits, and performance reporting;
- Prior utilisation of Geographic Information System (GIS), web-based reporting and database management;
- Excellent facilitation and team management skills;
- In depth knowledge of USAID PEPFAR reporting systems;
- Familiarity of South African development challenges;
- Excellent written and oral communication and outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in any other South African languages.
Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org