FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint a Contracts Manager.
This position is part of an anticipated USAID-funded project in South Africa that will provide capacity strengthening, technical assistance and grants management support to government and NGO / CBO partners to strengthen South Africa’s response to HIV and AIDS.
The Contracts Manager is primarily responsible for the administration of sub-awards for technical assistance; resource partners and consultants, ensuring full compliance with USAID rules and regulations. The Contracts Manager will be the primary point of contact for contractual issues, provide guidance on contract interpretation, ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures, work in partnership with project and enterprise services staff to successfully achieve project goals.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manages all subcontracts, including obligations, deliverables liquidations, and modifications;
- Negotiates and drafts subcontracts, partner sub-agreements, consultant agreements, modifications, and the relevant negotiation memos;
- Negotiates, reviews and revises budgets and supporting documents to ensure compliance with donor regulations, accuracy and reasonableness of costs, and alignment with the scope of work;
- Leads conceptualisation, development and drafting of Scope of Work, Terms of Reference, Budgets, and Requests for Proposals;
- Monitors contractor’s walk through meetings and site visits and provide re-direction when necessary;
- Provides guidance to FHI 360 staff on contract management issues, as needed;
- Provides capacity building of project staff in the area of sub-contract management;
- Advises senior management on matters of concern and elements of risk that can be detrimental to successful project performance;
- Works directly with senior program management to ensure smooth implementation of subcontracts;
- Ensures that all subcontract reporting, deliverables, and related financial / technical documentation are complete;
- Responds to internal and external audit matters related to subcontracts;
- Collaborates with operations staff and other enterprise services staff to monitor sub-contractor performance;
- Reviews sub-contract proposals, negotiates terms and conditions, and issues sub contact agreements;
- Collaborates with the Finance team in the preparation of contract reviews and post-review findings that implicate contracts management and compliance;
- Participates in project start-up, implementation, and close-out procedures ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the contractual agreement and USG policies and procedures;
- Negotiates substantive provisions in lower-tier subcontracts, as needed.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field;
- 5-8 years’ experience in negotiating and managing sub-contracts under USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge of USAID rule and regulations regarding contracts.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates may apply through submitting their CV / resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 6 June 2014
For more about FHI 360, refer to www.fhi360.org.