FHI 360 is a global development organisation with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4 400 staff in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve-improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Senior Finance and Operations Manager based in Pretoria South Africa.
The Senior Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight of all finance and operations in the country portfolio. Reporting to the Country Director, the Senior Finance and Operations Manager will act as the primary liaison to the FHI 360 Regional Office in South Africa and FHI 360 Washington on all matters such as finance, procurement and administration. Specific roles will include:
- Ensure that all operational functions are effectively coordinated- finance and accounting, operations, and IT functions for the South Africa CO;
- Develop and maintain current appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) to document roles and responsibilities in the areas of finance and accounting, IT and operations;
- Maintain accurate Financial pipeline reports;
- Develop and implement process improvement plans for the finance and operations department;
- Liaise with the FHI 360’s Office of Compliance and Internal Audit;
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Review all procurement actions;
- Review all payment actions;
- Ensure the project’s administrative office systems are functional.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in Business, Finance, Accounting or related fields required;
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred;
- CPA, ACCA, CA (SA), CIMA or any other relevant professional certification / qualification is preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience which includes 5+ years of experience in a managerial role required.
Interested candidates may submit their resume together with a motivational cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications closing date: 13 December 2013
Please note, as per the organisations recruitment practices, any FHI 360 personnel applying for an internal posting is required to inform their supervisor / manager of their intention to apply.
For more about FHI360, refer to www.fhi360.org.