FEMNET is a pan-African regional women’s rights network that has been in existence for 24 years and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women’s rights through delivery of critical information, and strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s organisations.
FEMNET seeks to appoint a Head of Capacity Building (Ref: FNT-HOCB 2012), based in Nairobi, Kenya, on a three-year renewable full-time contract.
- Through consultation with other programme staff members and key stakeholders design and develop a Capacity Building Programme for the Network;
- Initiate and implement capacity development initiatives and these could be organised at the regional, sub- regional or national level;
- Take the lead in mobilising resources required to implement the Capacity Building Programme activities;
- Identify key partners, resource persons and experts in different fields to support the implementation of the Capacity Building Programme of FEMNET;
- Put in place a monitoring mechanism to assess the extent to which the capacity building program activities are contributing to improved organizing around women’s Rights in Africa and to ensure progress toward desired goals;
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership to ensure quality implementation, and further development of the Capacity Building Programme;
- Work in partnership with other Programmes to identify training needs for staff and members and coordinate its delivery for FEMNET staff generally and for individual FEMNET staff;
- Work with management in programmatic monitoring and evaluation, and continual quality improvement;
- Document best practices and prepare communications for different audiences, including the general public;
- Develop and maintain existing networks and partnerships with projects’ stakeholders and partners;
- Advise FEMNET on capacity issues that the Network would take on arising from the information collected through the capacity building activities throughout Africa;
- Ensure that the narrative and financial reports for the Capacity Building Programme are compiled and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Masters degree holder in relevant social sciences with additional relevant trainings;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience at international, regional or sub- regional level;
- Experience in organising and providing/ supporting training and experience sharing events;
- Proven experience in, exposure to, and capability for collaborative work, nurturing of networks and alliances and motivate people;
- Sound knowledge on gender and its mainstreaming strategies, leadership development and generally women’s rights issues in Africa;
- Strong English and French writing skills for report and proposal development;
- Very good communication skills both written and spoken including public speaking and giving presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Well developed interpersonal skills and experience working with multi- cultural teams;
- Highly motivated, result oriented and self-driven person with understanding of due process, financial transparency and accountability, equity issues and how they relate to human rights;
- Proven encourager and promoter of an environment of support conducive to cooperation, collegiality, consultation and collaboration;
- Willing and able to travel mainly in the Africa region;
- Willing to adhere to FEMNET’s beliefs, values and principles that guide its work and programming framework.
Remuneration: In line with the set procedures of the organisation and the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
To apply, submit a CV with three referees, two of which must be professional, salary expectations with a one-page application cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate for the position, to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the reference number of the position you are applying in the Subject line of the e-mail message.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. No telephone inquires, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more about FEMNET, refer to www.femnet.or.ke.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information or to make a donation.