Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa
Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa (FTTSA) is a non-profit organisation that promotes sustainable tourism development. The organisation do this through awareness raising, research and advocacy, capacity building and by facilitating the world’s first tourism Fair Trade certification programme.
FTTSA awards the use of special label to qualifying businesses as a way of signifying their commitment to Fair Trade criteria including fair wages and working conditions, fair purchasing, fair operations, equitable distribution of benefits and respect for human rights, culture and environment.
FTTSA seeks to appoint a Receptionist, based in Pretoria, South Africa.
The person will report to the Office Administrator and assists with front office duties and facilities management.
- Receive visitors;
- Manage the switchboard;
- Field general enquiries;
- Schedule teleconferences;
- Ensure office equipment is in good working order;
- Coordinate company waste recycling activities (including e-waste);
- Ensure alarm system is functional;
- Purchase supplies/run errands (eg post office/bank) as required;
- Ensure IT network/phone systems are functioning optimally and liaise with service providers as required;
- Backup server weekly;
- Circulate printer and call report monthly;
- Send counter report to SWA monthly;
- Circulate info on staff movements (late, absent, etc);
- Convene weekly status meeting; distribute minutes and update Outlook calendar;
- Participate in FTTSA staff meetings; and
- Complete all personal admin in line with FTTSA policies and procedures.
FTTSA’s staff complement is small and, as such, the Receptionist may, from time to time, be required to assist with other projects and/or office management duties. Where such requests are within the ability of the Receptionist to perform, they may not unreasonably be refused.
- Grade 12 education;
- Minimum two years work experience with three traceable references; and
- Valid driver’s licence and own car;
- Basic understanding of Fair Trade and sustainable development;
- Fluent in English (good written and verbal communications skills);
- Ability to plan and undertake administrative work with supervision;
- Ability to gather and manage data;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment; and
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications.
The successful candidate will be:
- Interested in current debates concerning tourism and sustainable development;
- Passionate about Fair Trade;
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure whether independently or as part of a team; and
- Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously.
Start date: September 2012.
Remuneration: R57 767 – R78 156 per annum. Other benefits are as per FTTSA’s policies and procedures.
To apply, submit a CV and three traceable referees to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from FTTSA within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
FTTSA reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa, refer to www.fairtourismsa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.