The Executive Director will have the following responsibilities, amongst others:
- Preparation of a detailed plan for the first 3 years of the school;
- Recruiting, leading and building a cohesive team;
- Leading the curriculum design;
- Establishing a sound system of corporate governance;
- Building meaningful relationships with key stakeholders; representing the school publicly.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned manager with a Masters-level Degree or equivalent experience and a strong knowledge of political economy, history, social theory, and educational theory and practice. Substantial experience of grassroots organising, community-based struggles, and/or progressive social movements or campaigns is essential, and experience in creative advocacy campaigns and legal advocacy is desirable.
Other requirements include: experience in managing people, finances, and material resources; building and sustaining collaborative collective work; and designing and implementing education or training processes that build the capacity of activists and communities.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 16th January 2015 to email@example.com