Planact, an urban development NGO, working to bring about local development for the poor within an integrated framework by promoting and supporting democratic, participatory governance and sustainable, integrated human settlements, seeks to fill the position of Executive Director based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Facilitate the formulation and implementation of Planact’s strategic positioning and direction;
- Direct the management of the organisation;
- Strengthen the organisation’s financial sustainability through effective fundraising;
- Maintain Planact’s profile and presence in the urban development sector locally and internationally;
- Oversee, monitor and steer Planact’s projects;
- Strengthen Planact’s advocacy strategy.
Critical requirements for this position are as follows:
- At least 5 years experience in NGO management preferably at Director or Senior Management level;
- Strong record in fundraising abilities;
- A degree in urban development or related field is essential, preferably a combination of a degree in management and post-graduate qualification in an urban development related field;
- At least 5 years NGO experience in advocacy, networking, dealing with policy development and intervention.
Remuneration: A negotiable package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job and the abilities and experience of the candidate will be offered.
Please submit a letter of motivation and CV (and any enquiries) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Chairperson of the Board.
The closing date for application submissions is 21 September 2012. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.