Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust
Etafeni is a nonprofit, multi-purpose centre for children affected by AIDS and their caregivers in Nyanga, Cape Town.
Etafeni has developed a replicable model of holistic sustainable community-based care for Aids-affected, infected and vulnerable children and their caregivers.
Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust seeks to appoint a Financial Manager, based in Cape Town.
The overall responsibility is to oversee and manage the finances and financial reporting of the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible to and report to the Project Manager and Finance Committee.
This is a one-year full-time contract position.
- Ensure that the organisation’s financial systems, procedures and controls are effective;
- The preparation of monthly management accounts and financial reports;
- Manage and maintain the financial books and records of the organisation;
- Manage and maintain the organisation’s payroll and related statutory returns;
- Preparation and submission of Vat returns;
- Provide detailed analytical reports on various programmes undertaken by the organisation;
- Manage the budgeting process, prepare the annual financial budget and programme budgets for funders;
- Provide financial reports to funders;
- Preparation of year end audit file and liaison with auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce;
- Majoring in accounting, or such other graduate qualification as considered appropriate;
- Proven ability to manage the financial operations of a substantial organisation;
- Minimum of three years financial management experience preferably within an NGO or PBO;
- Experience of tax and legal requirements for NGOs or PBOs in South Africa (inclusive UIF; provident funds; PAYE, VAT etc);
- Fully computer literate (knowledge of Pastel Accounting, processing of salaries on Pastel payroll system);
- Knowledge of e-filing and easy filing;
- UIF, experience of online submissions essential;
- Experience of working with Board members that oversee the organisation’s financial reporting;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle is essential.
A market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications will be offered.
Starting date: Preferably 1 December 2012.
Only experienced people with the appropriate skills level should apply.
Send your CV and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 386 2560. Alternatively, send to the Project Manager, Etafeni Day Care Centre, Sihume Road, Nyanga.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more about Etafeni, refer to www.etafenitrust.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.