Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust / Desmond Tutu TB Centre
The Desmond Tutu TB Centre (DTTC), in collaboration with Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust is currently implementing the Family Matters! Program in Nyanga, an evidence based HIV prevention intervention for Primary Caregivers of pre-adolescence ages 9-12 years. The goal of FMP is to reduce sexual risk behaviour among adolescence by giving primary caregivers the knowledge skills and confidence to deliver primary prevention message to their children. This programs falls within a larger community HIV prevention project and the successful candidate will report to the Project Manager. This position is based at Etafeni Centre in Nyanga.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator, NGO Development Manager of Etafeni Day Care Trust, and the FMP team to fulfil the project goals;
- Conduct community mobilisation;
- Door-to-door recruitment and screening of potential participants;
- Confirming participants attendance;
- Assist in retention of participants;
- Supporting facilitators during sessions;
- Perform all duties within the context of the Mission, Vision and Values Statement of Etafeni Day Care Trust.
- Prior training and experience in working at grass-root level in communities;
- Knowledge of key stakeholders in the Nyanga community;
- Ability to speak English and fluent isiXhosa;
- The ability to work independently as well as within a project team environment;
- The skills to solve problems independently and effectively;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Prior Experience in HIV and/or community work will be advantageous;
- An understanding of local culture;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Terms: Contract term until 30 September 2014
Closing Date: 11 June 2014
Contact Person: Leandie September, Tel: 021 938 9879
Appointment Date: 1 July 2014