Etafeni Day Care Centre / Desmond Tutu TB Centre
The Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust, in collaboration with the Desmond Tutu TB Centre (DTTC), is currently implementing the Family Matters! Programme (FMP) in Nyanga, an evidence-based HIV prevention intervention for Primary Caregivers of pre-adolescence ages 9-12 years. The goal of FMP is to reduce sexual risk behaviour among adolescence by giving primary caregivers the knowledge skills and confidence to deliver primary prevention message to their children. This programme falls within a larger community HIV prevention project and the successful candidate will report to the Project Coordinator. This position is based at Etafeni Centre in Nyanga, Cape Town.
Community Liaison Officers (2 posts)
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator, NGO Development Manager of the Etafeni Day Care Centre, Nyanga and the FMP team to fulfil the project goals;
- Conduct community mobilisation;
- Door-to-door recruitment and screening of potential participants;
- Confirming participants attendance;
- Assist in retention of participants;
- Supporting facilitators during sessions;
- Perform all duties within the context of the Mission, Vision and Values Statement of the Etafeni Day Care Centre, Nyanga.
- Prior training and experience in working at grass-root level in communities;
- Knowledge of key stakeholders in the Nyanga community;
- Ability to speak English and fluent isiXhosa;
- The ability to work independently as well as within a project team environment;
- The skills to solve problems independently and effectively;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Prior Experience in HIV and/or community work will be advantageous;
- An understanding of local culture;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Terms: Contract term until 30 September 2014
Applications Closing Date: 24 January 2014
Appointment Date: 11 February 2014
Contact person: Leandie September, Tel: 021 938 9844.
To apply, submit your CV to .