Epilepsy South Africa: National Economic and Skills Development Manager
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 21:56
Epilepsy South Africa National Office
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, April 25, 2012
The National Office of Epilepsy South Africa seeks to appoint National Economic and Skills Development Manager, based in Cape Town with limited travel within South Africa.
S/he will manage a national strategy to ensure the stability of Epilepsy SA’s job creation programme and incorporate both economic and skills development elements.
- Manage skills development at a national level;
- Strengthen the organisational job creation initiatives, particularly entrepreneurship;
- Facilitate a credible market share for organisational employment projects and initiatives;
- Expand the organisational network in terms of economic and skills development;
- Represent the organisation at national forums related to skills and economic development;
- Maintain adequate administrative, reporting and consultative systems.
- Qualification in a relevant field of study at NQF 5 level;
- Accreditation as an entrepreneurial trainer;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in English;
- Willingness to travel;
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and disability sector;
- Familiarity with epilepsy as a condition;
- Knowledge of English and others South African official languages;
- Results driven team player and a strategic thinker with strong conceptual ability;
- Valid unendorsed Code 08 driver’s licence.
This post is earmarked for an affirmative action appointee as per our employment equity policy, but the best candidate will be considered. However, preference will be given to persons with disability especially those with epilepsy.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the National Director at email@example.com or fax to: 021 595 4901.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not receive a feedback within one month of advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Epilepsy South Africa, refer to www.epilepsy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.