Environmental Monitoring Group (EMG)
The Environmental Monitoring Group (EMG) is a nonprofit environmental organisation that focuses on helping to build democratic and fair decision-making processes that relate to the use and management of natural resources.
EMG seeks appoint a full-time, suitably qualified and experienced Bookkeeper/Financial Manager, based in Observatory, Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Ensure that all EMG’s financial transactions are recorded accurately and timeously;
- Manage all receipts and payments from EMGs bank accounts; and
- Provide accurate and timeous reports to project managers, donors and the Board. In addition you will be expected to monitor the financial health of the organisation and advise the Board accordingly, advise Project Managers in the development of budgets and funding proposals, and liaise with auditors, SARS and other regulatory bodies.
- Matric with a recognised financial management degree or diploma;
- Minimum of five years experience as a bookkeeper (to trial balance) and as financial manager or administrator (budgets, salaries, SARS, audits, etc.), preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Experience with VAT;
- Experience with computer-based accounting software, SARS Easy-file employer software, internet banking, spreadsheets and word-processing;
- Ability to drive (with a valid licence);
- Ability to communicate (speak and write) clearly in English;
- Full computer and internet literacy;
- Ability to work without direct supervision, to take initiative and to balance competing demands.
In addition to the above, you should:
- Have a friendly, mature personality;
- Ability and willing to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Be energetic, well organised, a quick learner and an initiative-taker;
- Ability able to work after hours, on weekends and travel away from home from time to time.
Salary: Salary offered will be market-related, depending on your skills and qualifications. EMG is committed to building a staff profile that reflects the diversity of our country’s population.
If you meet these criteria, please visit our website www.emg.org.za and download the application form and full job description from the "About us/Vacancies" section.
To apply, submit your completed application form, a brief CV (maximum four pages) and a motivation letter to email@example.com.
Enquiries: Raziyah Johnston, Tel: 021 448 2881.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Environmental Monitoring Group, refer to www.emg.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.