enke:Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues. enke empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world. enke participants develop as socially conscious global citizens and initiate their own community-based development projects, creating change on the issues they care about most.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Programme Intern for the enke: Ignition Programme, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The succesful candidate should be passionate about the power of young people to transform lives and communities, and wants to make a difference. The Programme Intern will be working with enke’s Ignition Programme, a programme for university students and recent graduates.This is a developmental role that will give extensive experience in event and project management, exposure to enke’s networks and may lead to future opportunities in the organisation. The candidate must be South African and ideally reside in Johannesburg or surrounding areas.
Duration: 7 January 2014 - 10 August 2014
- Assist with the preparation and logistics of key programme activities for the enke: Ignition Programme;
- Manage and run project events such as training retreats;
- Liaise with diverse stakeholders (youth participants, schools, community groups, donors, various spheres of government and other NGOs);
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of programmes and compilation of reports;
- Manage volunteers, as necessary;
- Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful programme delivery;
- Recruit, coordinate and support participants who are part of the programme;
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting.
- Post-secondary qualification. Preferably a Bachelor’s degree;
- Fluency in at least one other South African language;
- Evidence of active engagement within an university or community context (e.g. volunteering, membership in societies or positions of office or active engagement within your community);
- Ability to work full-time, as well as evenings and weekends (majority of trainings and meetings occur on evenings and weekends);
- Written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision and take direction;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations;
- Level of attention to detail;
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy and an outgoing personality will be most suitable for this role;
- Work attitude is goal driven and you get the work done on time;
- See challenges as opportunities and a way to make great things happen;
- Own transport will be an advantage.
Remuneration: R3 750 stipend per month
To apply, submit a CV and one-page motivational letter with “Programme Intern - Ignition' in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.