enke: Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues. The organisation empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator for its post-school programmes - the Ignition Programme and the Alumni Network, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of dynamic programmes that actively engage youth who are passionate about social change. This is an ideal position for an aspiring social entrepreneur that is passionate about the power of young people to transform lives and communities, who wants to gain comprehensive experience.
The Programme Coordinator will be reporting to the Chief Programmes Officer (CPO) and working with primarily with post-school youth aged 18-30 years old.
The Ignition Programme is a volunteer action programme that focuses on building facilitation and mentorship skills and experience for youth in post-secondary education and training primarily aged 18-25 years old.
The enke: Alumni Network is a network of young change agents across the country – who have completed enke’s development programmes; the enke: Trailblazer Programme and enke: Ignition Programme.
This is also a developmental role that will give extensive experience in event and project management, exposure to enke’s networks and may lead to future opportunities in the organization. Working at enke is challenging and takes you out of your comfort zone. This opportunity allows you to challenge yourself while working with a youthful, fun and supportive team contributing to real change in South Africa.
As an organisation that supports grassroots community development, candidates must be South African and be able to communicate in fluent English, and at least two other official languages.
- Logistical and administrative coordination of training events for the Ignition Programme and Alumni Network;
- Active engagement of youth in enke’s post-school programs using in-person and via email and social media;
- Generate and execute new ideas for the engagement and support of youth in enke’s post-school programmes;
- Recruit, coordinate and support programme participants;
- Liaise with diverse stakeholders (youth participants, schools, community groups, donors, local government & other NGOs);
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of programmes and compilation of reports;
- Manage volunteers, as necessary;
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- Provisional training will be provided to assist programme coordinators in executing their responsibilities, however, successful applicants will be expected to have existing experience to enable them to engage with the outlined responsibilities.
- Minimum of a three year degree and relevant work experience (ideally in youth development; project planning, implementation and management);
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to speak at least two other South African languages fluently;
- Evidence of active engagement within an university or community context (e.g. volunteering, membership in societies or positions of office or active engagement within your community or community projects);
- Excellent written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
- High proficiency and experience with using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp etc.);
- High personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy and an outgoing personality will be most suitable for this role;
- Ability to work independently as well as an integral member of a team
- Ability to work full-time, as well as evenings and weekends. Please note that due to the age-group of participants in our post-school programs, extensive evening and weekend work should be expected;
- Valid driver’s licence will be an advantage.
Remuneration: R7 000 per month.
Starting date: 2 March 2015.
Contract duration: 9-month contract with possibility of extension.
Application deadline: 12 noon – Thursday 5 February 2015.
For more information about who we are and what we do – head to www.enke.co.za
To apply, submit a one page CV and a one page motivational cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your motivational letter must explain:
- Why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark
- What skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for this job
Have the subject line for your email as ‘’Application for Programme Coordinator - your full name”
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.