enke: Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues. The organisation empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
Working at enke is challenging and takes you out of your comfort zone. This opportunity allows you to challenge yourself while working with a youthful, fun and supportive team contributing to real change in South Africa.
The Finance Manager will lead the organisation’s Finance Department and be responsible for the organisation’s financial management and accounting. The Finance Manager will manage the organisation’s finances effectively to meet our organisation’s objectives and in line International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and South African legal requirements.
The Finance Manager will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) who reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Finance Manager will work closely with the COO and all department heads.
This is a one year contract position.
- Working closely with the COO and the management team to preparing the timely delivery of accurate, useful financial reports;
- Variance analysis and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial position;
- Support and advise senior management in decision making;
- Reporting to funders and stakeholders on organizational expenditure.
- Managing the preparation of the organisation’s annual and multi-year budgets;
- Working closely with department heads to manage departmental budgets;
- Forecast and manage organisation’s cashflow;
- Creation of fundraising budgets for funders and partners.
Stakeholder relationship management
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with external suppliers of financial services including bookkeepers and auditors;
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies;
- Liaising with funders, sponsors and partners to achieve organizational objectives.
- Passion for development and an interest in youth development and leadership;
- Accounting/Finance experience;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Experience working finance and accounting software packages – especially PASTEL;
- Extensive knowledge working with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong planning, organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Emotional intelligence and good interpersonal skills; ability to interact well with staff and partners.
Remuneration: R14 000 per month.
Starting date: To be confirmed.
To apply, submit a one page CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your motivation letter you must explain:
- Why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark
- What skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for this job
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.