enke: Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues.
enke: Make Your Mark empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world. enke participants develop as socially conscious global citizens and initiate their own community-based development projects, creating change on the issues they care about most.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Manager, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
enke: Make Your Mark is on the hunt for a numbers person who gets their kicks from formulating and implementing financial growth strategies within an organisation and is known for problem solving skills and empathetic manner?
The Finance and Administration Manager will lead the organisation’s Finance and Administration Department and be responsible for the organisation’s finance and accounting. The Finance and Administration Manager will manage the organisation’s finances effectively to meet our organisation’s objectives and in line International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and South African legal requirements.
The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) who reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Finance and Administration Manager will work closely with the COO and all department heads.
Starting date: Monday 2 December 2013
This is a six months, with potential to re-sign a one year contract
- Work closely with the COO and the management team to preparing the timely delivery of accurate, useful financial reports;
- Variance analysis and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial position;
- Support and advise senior management in decision making;
- Report to funders and stakeholders on organizational expenditure.
- Manage the preparation of the organisation’s annual and multi-year budgets;
- Work closely with department heads to manage departmental budgets;
- Forecast and manage organisation’s cash-flow.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with external suppliers of financial services including bookkeepers, auditors and pro bono legal support;
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies;
- Liaise with funders, sponsors and partners to achieve organizational objectives.
- Manage the organisation’s physical infrastructure, physical plant, and system maintenance such as phone system, security, cleaning and supplies;
- Manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems with an eye to continuously developing and improving these systems.
- Passion for development and an interest in youth development and leadership;
- Accounting/Finance experience;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Experience working finance and accounting software packages – especially PASTEL;
- Knowledge working with Microsoft Excel;
- Planning, organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Written and oral communication;
- Emotional intelligence and good interpersonal skills; ability to interact well with staff and partners.
Remuneration: R14 000 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org