enke: Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues. The organisation empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg with travel as required (approximately one week per month; overtime and weekend work will be expected).
The CEO will lead and support the enke team to deliver on the strategic vision of the organisation and report directly to the Board of Directors. In particular, the CEO will develop the organisation’s expansion plan and lead fundraising to deliver on the annual and long term plans. The next two-year period will focus on building the organisation’s capacity to scale. It is expected that the CEO role will continue to evolve as the organisation’s needs change, particularly in light of the growth
plans over the long term.
The main responsibilities that we currently foresee are threefold: income generation and relationship management; strategic planning and new business; and leadership and management. However, the CEO role is ultimately responsible for the organisation’s performance so while there will be key tasks; the CEO really just needs to be willing and able to do what’s needed.
The next two-year period will focus on building the organisation’s capacity to scale. It is expected that the CEO role will continue to evolve as the organisation’s needs change, particularly in light of the growth plans over the long term.
- Minimum of three years in a senior management position;
- Proven track record in fundraising and/or sales;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working directly with a board of directors (mobilising, supporting, reporting to);
- Financial management skills - ability to read and draw conclusions from management accounts, and to accurately;
- create and interpret budgets; experience managing an organisation/delivering programs or projects within budget;
- Project management skills;
- Experience in managing and developing high impact teams;
- Ideally you will have held a CEO/MD/head of department position (or equivalent) before;
- Deep passion for social impact;
- Track record of building and mobilising their network;
- Value people, not just the bottom line;
- Ability to engage with people of diverse backgrounds, particularly young people
- Have a natural curiosity that sparks and supports organisational learning.
Salary: R360 000 minimum per annum – to be confirmed.
The deadline for all submissions is midnight on the 26 October 2014. For more and about the application process, refer to http://www.enke.co.za/opportunity/apply-today-enkes-next-ceo/
To apply, submit a one page CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.