enke: Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues. The organisation empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Business Development Manager, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg with travel as required.
Starting salary: R14 000 negotiable.
Overtime/weekend work will be expected of the successful applicant.
Ideal start date: No later than Wednesday 6 May 2015.
Duration: 12 month contract with option to renew.
The primary purpose of this role is to build relationships with donors and clients, and in doing so to create business that meets the needs of both enke and the donor/client. This will in turn generate income for the organisation - both through traditional fundraising and through the creation and sale of income generating services that will support our non-profit core business.
This is more than pure sales - it is cultivating relationships, designing new services, and creating buy in to the mission of the organisation.
The Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit, fun and high-performing team creating impact across the country, and play a key part in growing the organisation.
This role is responsible for generating income for each financial year budget and for securing longer-term funding sources. This is done by selling enke’s programs and services to a diverse range of potential donors, partners and clients.
Fundraising from diverse donors
- Work with the CEO to create and execute fundraising strategy, including researching funding sources, pitching our programs, and submitting proposals.
- Conduct research on; CSI funding, foundation and grant funding and individual donors. Identify relevant fundraising and sponsorship opportunities;
- Submit proposals and grant applications on relevant deadlines - research, writing, sourcing supporting documentation, submitting, following up. This will require working with the program and finance teams;
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing donors and partners. Network and attend donor and partner events;
- Establish and maintain a database of potential fundraising sources and existing donors. This also includes tracking fundraising and reporting deadlines, records and documentation, and ensuring that contract requirements are communicated to all relevant departments within enke;
- Generate regular reports on the status of fundraising targets and progress on opportunities to the Board and senior executives as required (minimum is quarterly board meetings).
Business development and sales of profit generating services
- Work with the CEO and Program department to identify and develop new service offerings based on enke’s core competencies, to identify and develop new markets, and to sell existing services. Oversee the delivery of contracted services.
- Work with potential clients to identify their needs, matching these needs with new or existing service offerings. Negotiate details of service delivery and pricing. Ensure delivery is in line with initial agreements;
- Generate new leads for sales of services;
- Identify and market test new types of services;
- Advise senior management team on how to resource the team to deliver services (e.g. inform CEO when new staff will be required to deliver on a new project or when existing capacity can be utilised).
We do not care if you hae got 10 days or 10 years of experience, we desire the following;
- Amazing writing;
- Relationship building and maintenance;
- Creative problem solving;
- Autonomous management of own work streams;
- Budget creation and management skills;
- Experience in sales, marketing, business development, fundraising, communications or a similar role.
Every part of the application process tells us something about you.
To apply, gives us information not just about your experience but also about how well can you follow instructions. As a client-facing role, the person who is successful in getting this position will be submitting lots of documents according to sometimes arbitrary-sounding requirements.
Follow these instructions accurately as you submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- To apply please submit a two page CV and a cover letter addressing the experience requirements and why you would be the best person for the job.
- Send all of your documents in pdf format.
- You should be sending a total of two documents, each in a separate file. Each file should be labelled with your name and the document title – CV and cover letter respectively.
- If you have any questions, please email us.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.