enke: Make Your Mark: Administrative Assistant
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 12:11
enke: Make Your Mark
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, September 21, 2012
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a highly-organised, diligent and dynamic individual with a keen eye for detail as Administrative Assistant, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg with travel whenever required.
The person will work closely with senior management to provide administrative support while managing the overall organisational administrative systems to ensure overall organisational efficiency.
This is a one-year contract position will option to be renewed.
The successful Administrative Assistant will be critical in helping the organisation overall reach higher levels of efficiency as it seeks to meet its growth targets. S/he will enable the CEO and senior staff members to deliver on the organisation’s mission.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) but will work with the CEO and the heads of the four departments; Donor and Partner Relations, Communications and P.R., Programmes Management and Finance and Administration in carrying out the roles detailed below:
Personal Assistant to the CEO
- Update and manage the CEO’s calendar;
- Update and maintain CEO’s contacts;
- Arrange CEO’S travel and accommodation;
- Maintain and digitize CEO’s notes.
- Organising internal meetings, circulating agendas, taking minutes and providing material support throughout the meeting process with the Communications and P.R. Manager;
- Screening walk-ins, mail, phone calls, emails, enquiries and requests;
- Clerical functions such as photocopying, printing, filing and note taking;
- Maintaining stationary, food and beverage and other office supplies with the Finance and Administration Manager;
- Maintaining overall office aesthetics including managing the cleaning staff.
- Data Entry.
- Undergraduate degree;
- Organisational Skills;
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Integrity, honesty and high moral values;
- Exceptional communication skills in written and spoken English. Fluency in an additional South African language will be an advantage;
- Computer literacy in Macintosh, Microsoft Office and mail merge;
- Willingness to work long hours when required;
- Passion for development and an interest in youth development and leadership.
Starting date: 15 October 2012.
Starting salary: R7 000 per month.
To apply, send all of your documents in PDF format. You may find http://www.freepdfconvert.com/ useful when converting documents to PDF form. You should be sending a total of two documents, each in a separate file. Each file should be labelled with your name and the document title – CV and motivation letter respectively to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.