enke: Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a youth development organisation that inspires and supports young South Africans who are taking action on the most urgent social issues. The organisation empowers young leaders to make their mark on their community, their country and their world.
enke: Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Administration Intern, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
This opportunity gives you a chance to gain valuable experience working with and learning from a youthful, high-achieving and supportive team contributing to real change in South Africa.
The Administration Intern at enke is a role designed for someone with excellent organisation skills, high levels of attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get things done.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, and working closely with the Office Coordinator. The Admin Intern will be responsible for:
- Reception – screening phone calls and walk-ins;
- General admin - printing, photocopying and filing;
- Office calendar updates (meetings, new staff etc.);
- Office upkeep - keeping the space neat, packing/unpacking as needed;
- Shopping for team and office - snacks, tea, coffee etc;
- Ad hoc support to the team – research, travel logistics arrangement, etc;
- Finance Admin - Liaising with service providers.
- Completed Matric, ideally with (or currently completing) a Bachelor’s degree;
- Previous work/internship experience in an office environment;
- Excellent command of English (both written and orally);
- Great team player with strong decision-making and problem solving skill;
- Able to work autonomously, under pressure, meet deadlines (including managing others in the team to provide necessary input in a timely manner) and receive constructive feedback;
- Proficient use of MS Office programs (especially Word and Microsoft Excel);
- High levels of attention to detail and organisation skills;
- IT experience will be an advantage.
Remuneration: R3 750 per month.
Starting date: 2 March 2015.
Application deadline: 12 noon – Monday 2 February 2015.
For more information about who we are and what we do – head to www.enke.co.za.
To apply, submit a one page CV and a one page motivational cover letter to email@example.com
Your motivational letter must explain:
- Why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark
- What skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for this job
Have the subject line for your email as ‘’Application for Administration Intern - your full name”
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.