Endeavor South Africa: Marketing and Communications Administrator
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 - 10:25
Endeavor South Africa
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Endeavor South Africa seeks to appoint a Marketing and Communications Administrator, based in Johannesburg.
S/he will support the Marketing Manager in celebrating high-impact entrepreneurship in South Africa.
S/he is expected to be someone who is energised, can work well alone and is constantly looking for opportunity and thinking of great ideas for marketing on no budget.
- Collate and write monthly newsletter (with assistance), incorporate edits from the team and upload to/distribute using bulk mailing tool – proactive story acquisition, meet deadlines; quick to learn new tools; take initiative, and solicit help where needed from the rest of the team in story generation;
- Work on mailing system and handle bulk mailings – training will be provided but must be eager to learn and quick to get on board. Review and edit emails, newsletters and invitations. Must be creative and have flair for making documents looks professional and interesting;
- Internal, global office and external communications and liaison – work well with a global marketing team of marketing (offices in 11 emerging economies), quickly get acquainted with Sales Force and using it for updates, communications and reporting;
- Social media – daily twitter feeds, support and communications with Linked-in groups and potential to start company blog.
- Support Marketing Manager in developing website structure and implement changes – Audit and recommend website updates/changes. Implement basic SEO and monitor and find ways to improve web traffic;
- Implement regular website updates and audits without supervision – doing this daily, really has taken responsibility but still needs support and guidance in where to look and keeping on top of what’s out of date/urgent. Training has gone well, she’s taken every opportunity to train at WOW – she’s learned a lot and is now confident on the website backend/CMS.
- Logistics – populate invitation, distribute to database, arrange speakers and audience attendance and communications, handle RSVP’s and queries, compile agendas, feedback forms, handle set up and registration at the events, print name badges, sent out reminder emails, take notes on each session and write them up post event and general support required in order to run a professional event;
- Blog/website – upload content, updates, manage feedback on a daily basis, stimulate discussion and video links post-event;
- Reporting function – collect, input and present feedback from events;
- Support as Global Entrepreneurship Week hosts – help organise GEW summit for November, communications, interactions and support for partner organisations, assist in compiling GEW impact report; organise advertising and administration; update of global web platforms.
- PR - support the organisation and entrepreneurs in branding and marketing the organisation. Look for media opportunities, arrange interviews, deal with media requests. Assist with arranging partnerships, press release writing and dissemination, marketing material, profiles and content;
- Marketing collateral in support of PR - develop work plans on completing brochures and reports and other marketing material with Marketing Manager, make the necessary edits and formatting administration, liaise with designers and printers etc to ensure project is on track.
- Be comfortable using technology and Microsoft software – Must be confident on general use of PowerPoint, Excel, Paint, Word, Outlook calendars and email;
- Tracking and reporting – Maintain lists, compile reports and track media and events, upload to Salesforce.com;
- Professionalism – Has got to be able to communicate effectively, deal with the media, great time-keeping.
- Excellent writing and English language skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Analytical ability and project management skills;
- Efficiency and proactive execution of methodical daily tasks;
- Organisation, relationship building and report writing skills;
- Media knowledge or willingness to learn;
- Tech-savvy, previous experience on Web CMS and social media;
- Extremely organised and detail oriented;
- Self-starter, proactive and able to work unsupervised;
- Ability to multitask and prioritise;
- Flexibility occasional overtime required;
- Written and communication skills;
- Own transport;
- Positive, can-do attitude with problem solving skills;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Endeavor, refer to www.endeavor.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.