Endangered Wildlife Trust
The Endangered Wildlife Trust is one of the largest biodiversity conservation non-governmentall organisations in southern Africa.
The Endangered Wildlife Trust seeks to appoint a Grant Administrator, based in Modderfontein, Johannesburg.
The Administrator will manage the governance and administrative aspects of the new European Union funded project, entitled,'Natural resource conservation and management for the generation of a water-linked green-economy in the Eastern Cape and Southern KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa'.
The Grant Administrator will provide financial and administrative oversight on the budget development, compliance review, resource requests and expense reporting of the implementing partners. Furthermore, the successful candidate will provide technical support to implementing partners in all aspects of financial management and compliance with the donor regulations and procedures. S/he will assist in decision-making by providing relevant information on up to date funding balances and forecasts of future needs. The Grants Accounts Officer will also provide training and monitor appropriate grant and resource management through regular field visits. This position is particularly suited to a highly organised and capable individual who has a strong accounting background and can communicate effectively within a multi-partner project.
This is a three year contract position.
- Monitor compliance with terms and conditions of the project contract;
- Assist with monitoring of the implementation of the projects all deliverables of the project and the terms and conditions that they have to comply with Oversee and track budgets according to Project work plan;
- Ensure that funding is allocated toward the correct deliverables;
- Manage and ensure availability of all background documentation, records, files and data for auditing purposes;
- Coordinate invoicing, cash flow projections and auditing;
- Manage procurement processes in line with donor regulations;
- Coordinate any public relations and visibility actions to ensure a cohesive message in line with donor regulations;
- Consolidate information for technical reporting according to strict deadlines.
- BA (preferably CPA or equivalent) in Accounting, business administration, or other relevant field with a minimum of three years project / grant accounting experience. Previous work experience with NGOs would be advantageous;
- Highly organised and detail orientated;
- Strong people skills and approachable manner;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programmes;
- Good report-writing skills (may be requested to provide evidence);
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong facilitation and training skills;
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment / concept;
- Ability and willing to travel, to work under pressure and extra hours when necessary, and to meet deadlines.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter to Alison Janicke the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The Endangered Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date should assume that their applications were not successful. The EWT reserves the right not to make an appointment. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
For more about Endangered Wildlife Trust, refer to www.ewt.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.