Ekurhuleni Development Company
Ekurhuleni Development Company (EDC) is a municipal entity which was registered in the year 2000 formerly known as Greater Germiston Inner City Housing Company (Pty) Ltd (GGICHC) shareholding by the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality (EMM). EDC is a social housing institute for the low income earners which was established in terms of the Social Housing Act, Municipal System Act and the MFMA. EDC is involved in the development and management of municipality owned social housing properties in terms of security, billing, leasing and maintenance.
EDC seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), based in Ekurhuleni.
The purpose of the job is to implement effective and efficient Financial Management Systems, Risk Management and Internal controls within the EDC.
The incumbent will report to the Board of Directors of the EDC.
- In working towards achieving the targets of EDC the CEO must maintain effective, efficient and transparent systems, policies and procedures within EDC and keep proper records of the organisation that are compliant with relevant legislation and operated in accordance with any prescribed norms, standards and statutory requirements;
- Ensure reasonable protection of the assets and records of the EDC;
- Report all material facts to the EMM and the Board of directors;
- Manage the affairs of the EDC and the related municipal entities including change management, risk management, human resource management, project management, financial management and supply chain management;
- Implement effective revenue collection systems to give effect to EDC budget and put internal controls in place;
- Submit all reports that are required by the Board, EMM, National and Provincial Treasury, Auditor General and any other statutory bodies like SARS and CIPRO;
- Prevent irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure and other losses within EDC.
- Minimum of five years experience in a senior management position;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification;
- Ability to act with fidelity, honesty, integrity and in the best interests of the EDC in managing the affairs of the EDC and the related municipal entities;
- Ability to act as the Accounting Officer of the EDC and have Strategic and Operational Management capability;
- Ability to provide leadership and strategy to the EDC management and staff and ensure accountability and good governance within EDC in compliance with all statutory requirements and to the satisfaction of the Auditor General;
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic alliances with various stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing municipal financial reporting and performance reporting;
- Thorough knowledge of the MFMA, the Housing Act, the Social Housing Act and any other legislation applicable to municipalities.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Recruitment@edc.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 21 days of closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Ekurhuleni Development Company, refer to www.edc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.