Education without Borders (EwB)
Education without Borders (EwB) seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator, based in Gugulethu , Cape Town.
This individual must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and want to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in an educational movement that wishes to empower young people to take their futures into their own hands.
As EwB is an organization that supports community development, the candidate must be South African and ideally reside in Gugulethu or surrounding areas.
- Coordinate the EwB programme, which includes after-school teaching sessions, weekend tutorials and holiday programmes. Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful programme delivery;
- Implement programmme evaluation strategies that measure the extent to which programmmes are having a favourable or positive impact
- Recruit, coordinate and support volunteer tutors and mentors;
- Community liaison; with surrounding schools, community centres, other NGOs (especially IkamvaYouth);
- Fundraise in South Africa to build and sustain the programme (meeting with funders, writing proposals and reports, reporting, monitoring and evaluation);
- Manage an office and ensure accurate and up-to date data collection and administration for monitoring and evaluation;
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- Encourage communication (social media, website, group e-mail discussion lists, newsletters, etc.) with other members of EwB in Cape Town(including EwB.
- Board members in Canada);
- Lead a team of volunteers to implement the supplementary tutoring, career guidance, mentoring and holiday programmes.
- High-level management skills to manage programme, staff, donors, sponsors, funders, learners, and community expectations;
- Impeccable communication skills and reliability with respect to answering e-mails and submitting reports to deadlines;
- English fluency (read, write and speak). The ability to read, write and speak isiXhosa will be an advantage;
- Highly organised and efficient;
- Impeccable time management, data collection and reporting ability;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work alone and take initiative;
- Adept at using computers (Microsoft Office, social media and internet);
- Ability to work virtually (many discussions, meetings and document development occur collaboratively online);
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy and an outgoing personality will be most suitable for this role;
- Minimum of three year degree and two years work experience or five years relevant work experience (ideally in youth development; educational project planning, implementation and management);
- An eagerness to learn from, share with and work with other individuals and organizations;
- Own transport will be an advantage.
- This is a full-time position with a minimum one-year contract and six-month probation to be reviewed after 12 months.
- A market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications will be offered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Education without Borders is committed to equity in our employment practices.
For more about Education without Borders, refer to www.educationwithoutborders.ca.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.