Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI)
The Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI), a not-for-profit independent research institute that supports the process of South Africa’s socioeconomic transformation and development. EPRI specialises in providing social protection research, capacity building courses and policy advisory services to government and civil society.
EPRI seeks to appoint a Fieldworker, based in Claremont, Cape Town.
- Find and process participants for a pilot project and programme;
- Conduct interviews with care-givers and adolescents;
- Meet with various stakeholders, banks, schools, community leaders, etc;
- Work in a variety of environments (urban, peri-urban, rural);
- Regularly report to project manager on progress and problems encountered;
- Communicate effectively;
- Data capturing;
- Complete reviews of the project.
- Tertiary qualification or background dealing with social work is preferred;
- Experience in administering surveys;
- Ability to communicate in the required language (Proficiency in at least two official languages of South Africa);
- Knowledge of or experience in Western Cape will be preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Field work experience;
- Good computer skills, especially in Word and Excel;
- Need to be able to adapt to changing schedules;
- Must be able to learn and apply new technologies as needed for the pilot;
- Capable of discussing implementation at a high level so that it can be improved as the pilot is rolled out;
- Promptness and willingness to travel
- Must be street-wise and comfortable with working in all types of environments;
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not here from EPRI within 10 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Economic Policy Research Institute, refer to http://epri.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.