Economic Policy Research Institute: Fieldworker
Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 14:02
Economic Policy Research Institute
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, May 10, 2012
EPRI seeks to appoint a Fieldworker, based in Claremont, Cape Town.
- Find and process participants for a pilot project and programme;
- Conduct interviews with care-givers and adolescents;
- Meet with various stakeholders, banks, schools, community leaders;
- Work in a variety of environments (urban, peri-urban and rural);
- Regularly report to project manager on progress and problems encountered;
- Communicate effectively;
- Data capturing;
- Complete reviews of the project.
- Tertiary qualification or background dealing with social work will be preferred;
- Experience in administering surveys;
- Ability to communicate in the required language - proficiency in at least two official languages of South Africa;
- Knowledge of/or working experience in Western Cape will be preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Field work experience;
- Computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules;
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies as needed for the pilot;
- Ability to discussing implementation at a high level so that it can be improved as the pilot is rolled out;
- Street-wise and comfortable with working in all types of environments;
- Valid driver’s license-prerequisite.
Should you not hear from EPRI within two weeks of your application, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Economic Policy Research Institute, refer to http://epri.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.