DOCKDA Rural Development Agency
Programme Officer for Northern Cape office in Kimberley
DOCKDA is a development organisation working in the rural areas of the Northern Cape to support rural, remote women-led community organisations be more sustainable and address women’s strategic needs.
- Implement the DOCKDA Leadership Programme for CBO partner organisations and women’s and children’s individual empowerment in rural communities;
- Implement the Programme based on research, through fieldtrips, facilitating skills workshops, facilitating dialogues and learning processes in rural areas;
- Monitor, mentor, and reflect on all programme activities and report to Director and Financial Manager;
- Manage two staff members in the Northern Cape;
- Form working relationships with stakeholders to address the imbalance of power in relationships between men and women;
- Promote the profile of the organisation through networking and linking strategic areas of interest of stakeholders to DOCKDA’s strategy.
- B. Degree in Social Sciences or relevant university degree;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in coordination and working within a programme budget;
- Passion for women’s strategic needs & interests & empowerment;
- Passion for working with rural communities;
- Basic knowledge and interest in HIV and AIDS;
- Holder of an unendorsed, valid driver’s licence and be prepared to drive / travel within NC and other provinces;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel essential;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and verbal skills in Setswana;
- Prepared to work within the ethos and shared values of the organisation;
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and self motivated with an eagerness to learn.
Please email a motivational letter with a comprehensive, concise CV to the following: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more information about DOCKDA, refer to www.dockda.org.za
Closing date: 12th January 2015.