Disabled People South Africa (DPSA)
Disabled People South Africa (DPSA) is a nonprofit and democratic cross-disability body made up of member organisations of disabled people that mobilises and advocate for their rights for attainment of equal opportunity. DPSA is recognised as the National Assembly of disabled people by Disabled People International (DPI), which has observer status in the United Nations.
DPSA seeks to appoint a Provincial Manager, based in Johannesburg.
- Project management;
- Budget development and management;
- Management of project staff;
- Funder liaison;
- Project proposal development and fundraising;
- Disability research and development;
- Project report writing;
- Training and capacity building;
- Engage with local, provincial and national government on disability policy development and implementation.
- Relevant degree or National Diploma or at least two years experience in similar position;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of NGO’s planning, development and advocacy;
- Ability to work independently and in a team and able to forge relationships with partners and funders
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of disability issues and the disability environment;
- Minimum of two years of experience in development, lobbying and advocacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Computer literacy;
- Experience working for an NGO at similar position will be preferred;
- Passion for development of people with disabilities;
- Driver’s licence will be an advantage.
Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
To apply, submit a CV and certified copies of your professional qualifications to the Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com or fax to: 086 510 8046.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 422 0357.
Should you not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Disabled People South Africa, refer to www.dpsa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.