Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint an HCT Study Counsellor for its Mobile HIV Testing Unit (Tutu Tester).
This is a five-month contract position.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment for all clients;
- Providing high quality post test counselling as well as risk reduction counselling for clients and pre-test counselling where necessary;
- Follow-up telephone calls with HIV positive clients that were counselled;
- Entering client data onto database via cell phone / computer;
- Administer questionnaires;
- Provide basic HIV / ARV education to clients individually and in groups;
- Assist with recruiting patients for testing on the TUTU TESTER;
- Assist with community surveys, including home visits;
- Assist with education and training as required;
- Assist with filing research forms and patient files;
- Maintain strict client confidentiality;
- Capturing study forms on the Access database and filing forms.
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Experience in HIV/AIDS specific counselling training;
- Driver’s licence essential;
- Good written and verbal communication;
- Good Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to function in a team;
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
To apply, submit a CV with names and contact details of two professional references, motivational letter quoting the name of the position you are applying for to: The Human Resource Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 650 6963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse