Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Coordinator, based in Masiphumelele, Fishhoek in Western Cape.
This is a full-time one-year fixed-term contract position.
- Overseeing one research assistant who will consent participants to participate in study;
- Responsible to maintain logs and schedules require for tracking recruitment;
- Provide welcoming and supportive environment for study participants
- Ensure all study requirements are completed according to protocol;
- Keep up to date with all changes in protocol or standard operating requirements;
- Perform blood pressure and glucometer readings if required
- Write referral letters for study patients newly diagnosed with diabetes or hypertension;
- Assisting clinical staff in case of medical emergency of the study patients.
- Matric/Grade 12;
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse;
- Minimum of two years research nursing experience;
- Basic clinic knowledge regarding high blood pressure and diabetes;
- Client focus;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
- Planning and organising;
- Problem solving;
- Supervisory and staff management.
To apply, submit a CV which includes the names and contact details of at least two professional references and a motivational letter, quoting the name of the position you are applying to: The Human Resource Manager via email:email@example.com or facsimile: 021 650 6963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.