Desmenond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Coordinator, based in Masiphumelele Research Centre, Masiphumelele, Cape Town.
This is a two-year renewable contract position.
- Manage a team of nurses, counsellors, and field workers;
- Ensure smooth running of a clinical trial;
- Ensure that ethical and regulatory requirements are fulfilled;
- Ensure complete and accurate data collection;
- Maintain study documentation (case report forms (CRFs), research materials, study files, etc.);
- Interact with international and national principal and other investigators to ensure fulfilment of project goals;
- Interact with local health facilities, study auditors, laboratory, etc.
- Registered with SANC as a Registered Nurse or Clinical Nurse Practitioner;
- Experience as a clinical trials Study Coordinator is preferable;
- Knowledge of HIV;
- Valid GCP certificate;
- Computer literacy;
- Family planning course, PALSA plus;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter, quoting the position you are applying for to: The Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation within two weeks after the closing date, consider you application as unsuccessful.
DTHF is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ngopulse.