Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Sociobehavioural Scientist, based at its Head Office at UCT Medical School in Observatory, Cape Town.
The person will be supporting the Psychosocial and Adolescent divisions of the DTHF in research-related activities on numerous studies, including assisting with grant, protocol and paper writing; literature review; tool development; and quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
This is a renewable two-year contract position.
- Master’s degree in psychology or related social science;
- Knowledge of research methodology;
- Quantitative/statistical research skills or experience;
- Interest in learning qualitative data collection and analysis skills.
Will be preferred
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa;
- Knowledge and experience of the statistical programme STATA;
- Experience working in a research environment;
- Strong writing skills;
- Interest in biomedical and sociobehavioural HIV research.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Detail orientated;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter with ‘Sociobehavioural Scientist’ in the subject line to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Dr Melissa Wallace, Tel: 021 633 6599.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. The organisation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.