The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Social Science Interviewer, based in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek near Cape Town.
This is a two-year contract position.
- Administer the data collection instruments related to product adherence and correlates in a microbicide trial;
- Ensure non-biased, consistent, complete and accurate data collection across all study participants and over time.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Sciences or related Tertiary education;
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa;
- Minimum of two years experience involved in a research study;
- Comfortable with discussing topics related to sexuality.
- GCP certification;
- Prior interviewing experience.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificate), motivation letter indicating ‘Social Science Interviewer’ in the subject line and two contactable referees to the Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Dr Gill, Tel: 021 785 5486/3310.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of the documents that allows you to work in South Africa legally.
The DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. The organisation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.