Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Site Administrator for the Desmond & Leah Tutu Research Centre and Youth Research Centre in Masiphumelele near Cape Town.
This contract position is renewable subject to funding availability and acceptable work performance.
- Invoice funders for project income as per funder and cash flow requirements;
- Monitor contract renewal and end dates and report to project leaders;
- Compile funder Financial Reports and submit to project leaders for approval;
- Ensure Financial and Narrative reports are submitted according to funder requirements;
- Monthly budget to actual expense reports to project leaders for all projects at site;
- Supervise project administrators regarding expense allocation as per budgets;
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of funder fiscal requirements
- Ensure compliance with funder fiscal requirements;
- Maintain financial files of all projects (contracts, invoices, reports, communication from funders).
- Support the grant application process through accurate and appropriate budget development;
- Integrate budgets with core and other organizational resource requirements of the DTHF.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate use of funds as per funder and Foundation policies and procedures;
- Ensuring effective liaison with relevant central administrative departments of funders;
- Report at Core Finance and Grant Administrative meetings;
- Assist with project audits and general audits as required.
- Tertiary qualification in a related field;
- Minimum of two years experience in grant administration and project administration;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Above average computer skills (especially Microsoft Excel);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural organisation.
Starting date: As soon as possible but not later than 01 June 2013.
The annual remuneration is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. The organisation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.