Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation’s mission is the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation seeks to appoint a Senior Financial and Project Administrator, based in Masipumelele office, Cape Town.
This is a full-time two year fixed term contract position.
- Financial Administration:
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the donor’s financial requirements;
- Ensure that all financial requirements are adhered to;
- Ensure compliance to budget requirements;
- Monthly bank reconciliations;
- Manage and reconcile petty cash;
- Draft monthly income and expense reports;
- Journal entries;
- Prepare bank transfers;
- Assist with preparation for annual project audit ;
- Project Administration:
- Project procurement;
- Sourcing quotes and vendors where applicable;
- Assist with event planning: Booking of venues, catering;
- Travel arrangement.for project staff;
- Basic office equipment and building maintenance.
- Minimum of four to five years’ work experience in a NGO environment;
- Three year accounting / finance related diploma or certificate;
- Fully computer literate including advanced excel skills;
- Experience in SAP/ related accounting package would be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Good communicator - written and oral;
- NIH/USAID experience.
Salary range: R11 500.00 - R18 000.00 (no benefits offered).
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter, quoting the name of the position you are applying for and a CV which includes the names and contact details of at least two professional references to: The Human Resource Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 021 650 6963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is the organisation's intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.