Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint Research Nurses, based at its Youth Centre in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town.
This is a one-year contract position renewable subject to funding availability and acceptable work performance.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment for all participants;
- Obtain informed consent in keeping with GCP principles and assist with all study procedures under Study Coordinator’s supervision;
- Performing HIV rapid testing, counselling and referring to appropriate services;
- Issuing Family Planning and STI education;
- Accurate and complete questionnaire administration when necessary;
- Performs phlebotomy and ensure rapid and efficient processing of samples to the designated laboratory;
- Assist with education and training as required;
- Maintain strict client confidentiality;
- Organisation and management of clinic including maintaining cold chain temperatures in phlebotomy and assisting in inventory, ordering and supply management.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as an Enrolled Nurse;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and counselling;
- Experience in performing phlebotomy;
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa;
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
- Must be detail orientated and have an interest in research;
- Must be able to work as a member of a team;
- Willingness to work irregular hours and occasional Saturdays.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter indicating ‘Research Nurses - Fish Hoek’ in the subject line and two contactable referees to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Karen Fosseus, Tel: 021 785 5454.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. The organisation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
It is illegal to employee foreign national without documentation which would allow them to work in South Africa legally. If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of the documents that allows you to work in South Africa legally.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.