Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Research Nurse, based at its DTHF Research Centre in Masiphumelele, Western Cape.
- Providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all participants;
- Obtain informed consent in keeping with GCP principles and assist with all study procedures under Study Coordinator’s supervision;
- the screening, eligibility assessment and enrolment of study participants;
- the clinical assessment of potential study participants;
- clinical care of all study participants;
- Performing HIV rapid testing, counselling and referring to appropriate services;
- Issuing Family Planning and STI education;
- Accurate and complete questionnaire and CRF administration;
- Performing phlebotomy and ensuring rapid and efficient processing of samples to the designated laboratory;
- Assisting with education and training as required;
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality;
- Facilitate adolescent referrals to other services where necessary
- Organisation and management of clinic including maintaining cold chain temperatures in phlebotomy and assisting in inventory, ordering and supply management;
- Contribute to creating an adolescent-friendly research and service facility.
- R425 qualification (Diploma or degree in nursing);
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC);
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and counselling;
- Family Planning experience;
- Experience in performing phlebotomy;
- Must be detail orientated and have an interest in research;
- Experience in performing pelvic assessments and pap smears;
- Willingness to work irregular hours and occasional Saturdays;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa;
- Good clinical practice (GCP) training;
- Previous clinical trial experience;
- Previous midwifery experience;
- Previous experience working with adolescents;
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Non-judgemental attitude;
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter indicating ‘Research Nurse’ in the subject line and two contactable referees to the Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.