Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Recruitment and Retention Officer, based in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek near Cape Town.
The Retention Officer will remind participants of upcoming visits, follow up with participants who missed their visits & gain an understanding of why participants do not return for their scheduled visits.
This is a renewable one-year contract position.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment for all participants;
- Teach participants about the importance of attending monthly visits;
- Creative planning and implementation of strategies to retain participants on various clinical studies conducted at the Centre;
- Ensure all participants are reminded in a timely manner of their visits to the Centre;
- Conduct all activities ethically and according to Good Clinical Practice Standards;
- Maintain participant confidentiality at all times;
- Home visit anyone who has missed a visit;
- Assist with volunteer recruitment as needed;
- Fetch and accompany participants to site as and when required;
- Contact participants who fail to come for a scheduled visit within 24 hours of the appointment date;
- Plans recruitment and retention events;
- Assist Community Liaison Officer and Outreach workers to recall participants;
- High degree of independence, ability to take initiative and multi task;
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges;
- Passionate about working with local communities;
- Dynamic, innovative and self-motivated;
- Verbal and written skills in English, Xhosa and Afrikaans;
- Team player;
- Reliability, dependability and a well-developed work ethic;
- GCP certification will be preferred;
- Valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
- Grade 12;
- Experience in data entry;
- Experience in HIV/AIDS related research;
- Minimum of five years working with communities.
This contract position is renewable subject to funding availability and acceptable work performance.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificate), motivation letter indicating ‘Recruitment and Retention Officer’ in the subject line and two contactable referees to the Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Dr Gill, Tel: 021 785 5486/3310.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. The organisation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.