Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator, based at the DTHF Mobile Services, Observatory, Cape Town.
This is a full-time, one-year contract position.
- Responsible for coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the mobile services;
- Managing the Tutu Tester counselling team;
- Managing relationships with external research stakeholders;
- Responsible for managing the Tutu Tester project funds;
- Managing relationships with provincial staff - ability to liaise, work with and maintain relationships between health care professionals and government personnel.
- Master’s degree in Health Science, Social Science or related field;
- Minimum of one year experience in project coordination;
- Minimum of one year experience in staff supervision and management;
- Minimum of one year working experience within a clinic/research environment will be beneficial;
- Knowledge=de of HIV and art would be beneficial;
- Proven interest inworking with HIV positive adults and adolescents;
- Computer literate with proficiency in email, word processing, spread sheets, and statistical analysis software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Fluency in English and isiXhosa or Afrikaans);
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well under pressure;
- Own transport is essential.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of three contactable referees to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax 021 650 6963 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.