Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation’s (DTHF) mission is the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections. The DTHF works in partnership with the Western Cape Provincial Government (PGWC) on services strengthening initiatives. The 'Family Planning into HIV Care and Treatment Services Project' (FPI) is one of those projects.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator for its FPI Project, the goal of which is to increase the overall up-take of effective Family Planning at ARV and Wellness sites at Provincial PHC Clinics, Cape Town at the UCT Medical School, Anzio Road.
This is a fixed term, 12 month contract position.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the FPI Projects activities according to the logframe / workplan;
- Collaborate with the project team to provide guidance and operational support to ensure quality technical efforts and field activities;
- Engage in ensuring quality assurance in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of qualitative and quantitative data sets for analysis and decision making;
- Prepare project reports capturing key results in line with workplans.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise time and work effectively;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and data management;
- Effective networking and people skills - ability to engage people at all levels;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Innovative and creative, demonstrating the ability to redirect the current situation through reflection and consultation;
- Minimum of five years work experience, three years at a senior management level;
- Degree in public health, nursing, social work or similar;
- Proficiency in developing and implementing M&E qualitative and quantitative activities;
- Evaluation and impact reporting to the donor and key stakeholders detailing key results;
- Proficiency in excel, access database management and the use of STATA software;
- Fluency in English and a second language;
- Willingness to travel and to work irregular hours;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Applicants need demonstrate considerable expertise in the above areas, as well as to have a passion for Family Planning.
To apply, submit a CV, with three contactable references and a motivational letter that motivates why you are suited to the position and how you will contribute to ensuring the on-going success of all aspects of the FPI project to The Human Resource Manager via email: email@example.com or fax to 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Anna van Esch, Tel: 021 650 1959 / 072 383 0970.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Foreign nationals applying for this position must submit a copy of their work permit
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.