Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation seeks to appoint a Laboratory Technologist, based at the UCT Medical School, Cape Town.
This is six-month, part-time contract position renewable contingent on funding.
- M.Tech or BSc. in laboratory sciences, immunology or related field. This would be an ideal position for an individual interested in furthering their studies in the field of Immunology or HIV;
- Minimum of one year experience working in laboratory environment;
- Strong organisational abilities and attention to detail;
- Good basic laboratory skills and willingness to learn;
- Willing to work flexible hours, prioritise large volumes of work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Familiarity with GCLP and HPCSA accreditation an asset, but not compulsory;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Interest in Clinical Immunology, HIV research and/or vaccinology would be beneficial.
- Perform specialized laboratory techniques related to clinical studies, including but not limited to separation of PBMC, freezing down samples and cell sorting;
- Receive, verify and ensure quality of all laboratory specimens;
- Maintain up to date laboratory database and filing of documentation;
- Ensuring lab safety;
- Preparation and processing of samples according to SOPs;
- Appropriate laboratory specimen storage;
- Recording of study data according to study guidelines;
- Participate in equipment maintenance and management;
- Ensure adequate laboratory supplies;
- Management of Bio-bank samples;
- Provide and present updated relevant information at meetings as required;
- Sample shipment;
- Administrative duties as required.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two professional referees and motivation letter quoting the name of the position you are applying for to Human Resource Manager email@example.com or facsimile: 021 650 6963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information on our organisation please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.