Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation seeks to appoint a Human Resource Manager, based in Cape Town.
The person will manage the full human resource management function for the organisation. This is an exciting two-year fixed term renewable, contract position.
- Management of Transformation issues;
- Develop, review and implementation of an employment equity plan;
- Ensuring the integration of employment equity into HR policies;
- Management of the Performance Management process;
- Ensure compliance and consistency;
- Management of Employee Relations;
- Advising line manager on employee relations issues;
- Provide training on employee relations;
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are compliant with labour legislation;
- Develop, review and implementation of HR policies;
- Ensuring policies are compliant with labour legislation;
- Develop and implement new policies;
- Management of training and development;
- Develop and drive the organisations training and development agenda.
- Managing payroll
- Develop, maintain and review remuneration structures;
- Preparing monthly payroll reports to Exco;
- Management of Recruitment and Selection;
- Personnel administration;
- Ensure that the HR office provides and effective and efficient service in respect of personnel administration;
- Employee wellness;
- Coordinating the organisations employee wellness programme and business partner;
- Participating in setting business strategy;
- Contributing to building the organisation ethos and culture;
- Translating the organisations strategic objectives into HR strategies;
- Financial management;
- Draft and administer the HR budget;
- Management of HR Office.
- B-Tech/National Diploma in human resource management;
- Minimum of five years experience in Human Resource Management at a management level;
- Experience in liaising with all levels of staff;
- Ability to build rapport quickly with the executive and senior management team;
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture;
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development;
- Fluency in English (ability to communicate in isiXhosa would be advantages);
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
- Excellent numeracy skill;
- Computer literacy;
- Experience in conflict management;
- Travel to sites across Cape Town;
- Knowledge of University of Cape Town policies and practices would be advantageous.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two professional referees and motivation letter quoting the name of the position you are applying for to Human Resource Manager email@example.com or fax to: 021 6506963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified. If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information on our organisation please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.