Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Grants & Business Administrator, based at its Emavundleni research facility in Crossroads, Cape Town.
Financial Administration of the business unit
Ensuring cash flow
- Monthly reporting and debtor invoicing grantors, involves knowing grant compliance regulations;
- Ensuring high levels of efficacy of the administration systems supporting the process ensuring compliance to organisational policy, GAAP, VAT regulations, grantor regulations;
- Developing cost allocation methodologies to ensure grant compliance and full utilisation of budgets;
- Allocating costs/creditor invoices to budgets.
- Responsible for supplier relationships;
- Managing relationship with procurement officer;
- Validate and adherence and compliance to payment procedures.
Ensuring site is adequately financially resourced and managed
- Understanding the resources required, especially staffing, to run a pluri-potent, multi-network, multi-protocol clinical trial site;
- Writing and submitting annual and periodical budgets timeously within different legal structures i.e. as a consortium member, as a sub-contract, as a primary awardee;
- Managing budgets in foreign currency i.e. in a volatile exchange rate environment.
Daily cash management
- Coordinating participant incentives;
- Reconciling and approving the petty cash.
Coordinate and manage external and internal government and project related audits
Other site administration
- HR Administration (Coordinate and manage staff recruitment with HR manager; Coordinate and manage staff disciplinary issues with HR manager);
- IT Administration - ensure fully functional IT systems.
- Finance degree with minimum of three years experience preferably with a business administration post graduate qualification;
- Cost and management accounting - donor fund management is an asset;
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy;
- Intermediate to advanced excel;
- SAP Business One;
- Resourcing and budgeting skills;
- Ability to develop and implement administrative systems;
- Entrepreneurship, intercultural competence, team working, analytical thinking and flexibility.
This contract post is renewable subject to funding availability and acceptable work performance.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is its intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. The organisation reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
It is illegal to employee foreign national without documentation which would allow them to work in South Africa legally. If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of the documents that allows you to work in South Africa legally.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.