Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a NGO that focuses on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Financial and Project Administrator, based at its DTHF Research Centre in Masiphumelele, Cape Town.
This full time two-year fixed term contract position.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the donor’s financial requirements;
- Ensure that all financial requirements are adhered to;
- Ensure compliance to budget requirements;
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage and reconcile petty cash
- Draft income and expense reports
- Journal entries;
- Prepare bank transfers;
- Assist with preparation for annual project audit.
- Project procurement;
- Sourcing quotes and vendors where applicable;
- Assist with event planning: Booking of venues, catering;
- Travel arrangements for project staff;
- Basic office equipment maintenance.
- Minimum of four years work experience in a NGO environment;
- Minimum of three year accounting/ finance related diploma or certificate;
- Fully computer literate including advanced excel skills;
- Experience in SAP/ related accounting package would be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Good communicator – written and oral.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter indicating ‘Financial and Project Administrator’ in the subject line and two contactable referees to the Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/ngopulse.