Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation’s (DTHF) mission is the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections. The DTHF works in partnership with the Western Cape Provincial Government (PGWC) on services strengthening initiatives. The 'Family Planning into HIV Care and Treatment Services Project' (FPI) is one of those projects.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Data Officer, based in Cape Town at the UCT Medical School, Anzio Road.
This is a fixed term, 12 month contract position.
The Data Officer will ensure the integrity of the data-management system including the FPI Projects electronic database.
- Ensure that all data collected for the project is captured timeously and correctly into the electronic access database;
- Implement the projects data quality management plan;
- Extract data and statistics for reporting purposes when required.
- Experience in access dat base management;
- Computer skills including high excel literacy;
- Experience in data quality control measures;
- Tertiary education in a related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of three years work experience in a research environment or related field will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in excel is essential;
- Proficiency in access database management is essential;
- Understand the use of STATA software is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and to ensure accuracy at all times;
- Report writing skills;
- Manage office systems and processes;
- Fluency in English and a second language;
- Willingness to travel at times;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
To apply, submit a CV with three contactable references and a motivational letter to The Human Resource Manager via email: email@example.com or fax to 021 633 0182.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries, contact Anna van Esch, Tel: 021 650 1959 / 072 383 0970.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Foreign nationals applying for this position must submit a copy of their work permit.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is the organisation's intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. DTHF reserves the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from the DTHF within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.