Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Community Liaison Officer, based at Emavundleni, Crossroads, Cape Town.
This full-time one-year fixed-term contract position.
- Responsible for education, recruitment and retention of research participants;
- Supervision and management of staff;
- Monitoring and Evaluation-develop and maintain recruitment and retention plans; evaluate current strategies and implement new strategies;
- Building community relationships via the creation and maintenance of Community Advisory Boards (CAB) – facilitate CAB meetings; organise CAB training;
- Administration-budget control; accurate record keeping; report submissions (bi-monthly; quarterly, annually).
- Matric/Grade 12 and tertiary degree in related field;
- Minimum of two years working experience in a similar role;
- Valid driver’s licence is essential;
- Strong client focus;
- Excellent ability to build interpersonal relationships;
- Leadership and staff management;
- Ability to facilitate change;
- High level of decision making and problem solving skills;
- Work standards;
- Excellent English/isiXhosa written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two and motivation letter to the Human Resource Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile: 021 650 6963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.