The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation stands for justice, peace and community across the world touching people from all walks of life, being the embodiment of ‘ubuntu’—the belief that to thrive as a whole, we each need to care for one another.
The Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation seek to appoint a full-time Programme Manager, based in Cape Town.
The overall responsibility is to monitor and evaluate all the Foundation's Sponsored Programmes through regular site visits ensuring compliance to mutual agreements in place.
The successful candidate will be responsible to and report to the Executive Director.
- Understand all the Programmes supported by the DLTLF;
- Enhance Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) capacity among the Foundation's Sponsored Partners, to ensure accountability, facilitate planning and strengthen service delivery;
- To collect, verify, collate and analyse data on performance indicators from the Foundation's Sponsored Partners;
- Submits monthly, quarterly, annual or special reports as may be required by the Executive Director;
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on a regular basis to the Executive Director;
- Ensure that all the DLTLF's Programmes have appropriate monitoring and reporting indicators and tools in place, in line with requirements of Donors and that of the DLTLF;
- Ensure timely documentation and dissemination of key findings from monitoring and evaluation is handled effectively;
- Act as a conduit between DLTLF and the External Partner Service Providers;
- Regular planned and communicated Site Visits;
- Ensure that Sponsored Programmes comply with policies and regulations of the donor organizations;
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion;
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in development related subjects (preferable);
- Minimum three years experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programmes;
- Minimum of four years practical experience in programme management;
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills;
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building;
- Strong communication and representational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent report writing and writing skills;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, willingness to "pitch in" as required in a small organization;
- Willingness to travel;
- Computer literacy;
- Valid driving licence and own vehicle essential.
A market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications will be offered.
Starting date: Preferably 1 March 2014.
Only Experienced people with appropriate skills level should apply.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to HR@tutu.org.za or post to the HR Consultant - Rita Isaacs, P.O. Box 50708, Waterfront, 8002 Cape Town.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation, refer to www.tutu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.