Creative Consulting & Development Works
Creative Consulting & Development Works’ internship placement programme, if i could… places international students and graduates in meaningful positions at reputable, registered nonprofit organisations in Cape Town, South Africa. International interns gain valuable real-life work experience, and can arrange for academic credit from their own universities and colleges. The if i could… internship programme is a specialised service of Creative Consulting & Development Works. We are a long-standing consultancy dedicated to the development sector in South Africa. All our work is aimed at strengthening South African nonprofit organisations (NPOs) and government development agencies. In addition to our intern programme, we are involved in an exciting range of research, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation, training and communication projects that help NPOs deliver services that improve the lives of South African people.
if i could… seeks to appoint a Programme Assistant, based in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Development of relationships with host organisations;
- Assist with implementation of Programme strategies;
- Researching intern trends;
- Participation in intern activities;
- Assisting with administration activities;
- Intern liaison.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of two years working experience;
- Extensive knowledge of the NGO / NPO sector;
- Previous volunteer experience, specifically the volunteerism sector and/or travel;
- Exposure to a study-abroad programme and/or USA university / academic calendar and programmes would be an advantage;
- Commitment to the development sector;
- Excellent communication skills;
- People orientated personality ;
- Valid driver’s license - must be able to drive a manual car;
- Willing to work some overtime and weekend hours;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Additional languages would be an advantage, preferably European languages.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter 2014 to email@example.com before 10 January.
CVs will be reviewed in January and if you have not heard from us by end February 2014, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about if i could…, please refer to www.ificould.co.za.