Corruption Watch: Manager: Data and Analysis
Monday, July 30, 2012 - 11:44
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, August 6, 2012
Corruption Watch seeks to appoint a Manager: Data and Analysis, based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will lead the case management system of Corruption Watch to ensure that all reports of corruption are logged, appropriately allocated, tracked and managed from end-to-end, stored and archived.
S/he will also be responsible for overseeing analysis of incoming data and producing both analytic reports and management information about the incoming corruption reports.
- Develop and monitor utilisation of the CW incident management system;
- Ensure the integrity of information/data on the incident management system;
- Collaborate closely with senior CW staff and associates to support CW’s investigation, research and advocacy functions by ensuring that cases are effectively tracked and located;
- Manage staff to ensure that they meet their performance objectives;
- Oversee data mining and data analysis;
- Work collectively with other members of CW staff to deliver agreed outputs and participates actively in the life of the organisation.
- Honours Degree or National Diploma in Administration / Library Science / Knowledge Management or relevant equivalent;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in case management / document management / database management or knowledge management;
- Minimum of two years' experience of managing a team of staff;
- Ability to produce highquality written reports in English;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Strong planning and organising skills;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Proven ability to work under pressure • Self-confidence, good teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills in at least one South African language other than English will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office; and ideally also proficiency in database (SPSS) or case management systems;
- Knowledge or experience of the good governance or anti-corruption field locally and/or internationally will be an advantage.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience. Corruption Watch is a grant-funded institution and the level of remuneration is dependent on available funding.
To apply, submit a covering letter motivating your application for the position, a detailed CV and details of three contactable references (including e-mail addresses) to Aadil Vally, Operations Manager, Corruption Watch at email@example.com or fax to: 011 447 2696 or post to: P O Box 113 Parklands, 2121.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to conduct a written test as well as an interview.
For more about Corruption Watch, refer to www.corruptionwatch.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information or to make a donation.